Track #06 - The Void (10:13)
Is there anybody else out there? Anybody?
- Computer: Warning! Fire on decks 1, 2 and 3 detected. Automatic extinguishers have failed. Fire is out of control. All personnel prepare for evacuation. This is not a drill. Initiating emergency atmospheric ventilation procedure.
[airlocks open, atmosphere is ventilated into space. Some fires die due to lack of oxygen. Several crew members get sucked out into space]
Decompression procedure in sections 1 through 20 has been completed. Warning: Life support systems are offline.
- Marshall: Computer: What is the status of the crew in the vented sections?
- Computer: No signs of life in these sections.
- Marshall: NO! [breathes heavily in disbelief] [song continues]
- Computer: Initiate emergency evacuation. Lifepods are now ready for boarding.
[explosion with debris flying across the hallway]
- Marshall: Whow.... this is a fucking deathtrap!
[arrives at lifepod before the fire reaches it]
Damn, that was close!
Computer: Shut the life pod hatch.
[life pod hatch closes]
Release docking clamp and initiate launch sequence.
[Life pod launches. the Excelsior explodes in a huge fireball shortly after]